The Right Field Service Management Software
The uber-fast technological advancements are leaving no room for the old manual methods of operating a field service business. The need of the hour is to adapt to the latest or else become obsolete, that is, a field service management software.
However, when it comes to field service businesses, having field service management software has become a luxury . The prices are touching the sky!
Pen-and Paper Format vs. Field Service Management Software?
The inflated prices of field service software have forced numerous businesses to stick to the conventional means of recording; that is, pen-and-paper. However, it further induces redundant and monotonous proceedings.
The question that pops up is — with all the discrepancies, what to settle for at the end of the day?
The answer is to identify if what you’re paying for is worth it, conduct a cost-benefit analysis for the same.
How to carry out the cost-benefit analysis for your home service business?
- The first step is to identification of desired goal. Also, jot down the current challenges.
- Second, consider all the features you might need to achieve the set goals, and eliminate the problems.
- Once you’re done with the list, allot weight to each item as per its importance in your business. This would help you to prioritize when a choice has to be made.
- After prioritizing, estimate the cost that you’re willing to pay for each item. Also, monetize the intangible elements for better decision-making.
- Research on the market prices and credibility allotted to different software offerings. You may dig deeper with the numbers and forecast the costs and value of benefits in the long run.
- Next, you’ll have a list of software companies with their pros and cons based on figures. Now, use the previous list of your requirements with weight allotted as per importance.
- Compare the lists and come to the closest option as per your needs.
Most software companies are burdening home service businesses by charging for numerous features that might not even be useful for every business. As businesses vary in terms of size and service, the requirements for each can’t be generalized. It is so especially when a huge amount of investment is at stake!
Moreover, some software companies dig into the pockets of their onboard home service businesses by introducing excessive updates from time to time, with or without consent, and then ask the businesses to pay for the same.
Apart from monetary exploitation, the intangible costs for the businesses multiply with complex software features, which further acts ironically to its purpose in the first place!
The intangible costs for the company could be seen as:
- First, from the owner to the technicians on the field, each user consumes time in understanding each feature.
- Second, the businesses might be forced to restructure their operation-handling process in order to adjust to the software. Thus, it would at least cost their time and efforts so that they can successfully adapt to the change(s).
Consider one software that offers flexibility in terms of features, and asks to pay for only what is needed to avoid burning cash and money. Subsequently, make sure that the other necessary software/applications are integrated with your field service management software, like QuickBooks for accounting. Lack of the same might cost you extra bucks.
Configurable Field Service Management Software
SmartServ is on a mission to provide the best rates for the home service businesses after analysing industry pain points. SmartServ is trying its fullest to make the life of service contractors easy with the less complex interface and 24/7 customer support. Thus, pay for what you need, and let us adapt to your business rather than you having to adapt to us!
Smart. Simplistic. Secure.
SmartServ is an all-in-one cloud-based field service management software. It equips your business towards operational efficiency by streamlining the workflow. You can schedule jobs in seconds, dispatch effectively, track team performance, shorten the payment cycle, enhance the customer experience, and much more. Thus, claim your free session for a personalised demo at https://smartserv.io/demo-request/!